1. Why would I make an appointment to see a Psychologist?
If your personal difficulties are interfering with your daily life, it may be time to seek professional assistance. Although speaking with family and friends may be supportive, we are specifically trained to be objective, non-judgmental and provide you with options to help problem solve and better cope with your situation.
2. How do I arrange an appointment?
We welcome both self-referrals and referrals from other professionals (i.e. family physicians, psychiatrists). You are encouraged to connect with our office directly via telephone or email.
3. Is there a fee for these appointments?
Unfortunately MSI does not cover the cost of private therapy sessions. Oftentimes insurance agencies such as Blue Cross, Great West Life, Manu-Life, Sun-Life, Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) will provide full to partial funding for private therapy sessions.
A typical therapy session is 50min in duration with 10 min allocated to paperwork without the client present.
The cost is $210 for a psychologist and $185 for a Social Worker.
We strongly encourage clients to confirm insurance coverage prior to their appointment
Various forms of payment methods are accepted such as cash, debit, Visa and Mastercard but not personal cheques.
4. What is the cancellation policy
- We ask that you provide a minimum of 24-hours notice (or by 12 noon on Friday for Monday appointments) if you need to change or cancel an appointment.
- If an appointment is missed or cancelled without sufficient notice, it will be billed in full and cannot be billed directly to insurance or third party providers.
- Cancellation is 75% of our rate which is $157.50
- For extenuating circumstances, such as a medical emergency we require you to contact us directly to determine if fee will be waived.
5. Do you provide virtual sessions?
- We are currently able to offer virtual and/or phone sessions When scheduling your appointment, please inform us of your preference for an in-person or virtual sessions